Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tonight I went to spend time with mom. She is doing well. She had a bone marrow biopsy today and she is a little sore from that but overall she is good. Tonight she took her first does of Sprycel (chemo in the form of a pill). This is taking the place of the Gleevec she was taking. Tomorrow will begin the "journey". She will have a spinal tap in the morning. They will drain fluid and will test to see if the Leukemia is spreading either to the spinal cord or to the brain. They will treat her regardless of the results for this test. She will also be receiving chemo intravenously through the picc line. So basically she will be receiving two different types of chemotherapy. We also found out tonight that her first stay will not be five days. More than likely it will be several weeks. As hard as that news was to take we know that she is better off in their hands at Emory.

I am not sure if all this makes sense...I hope it does. I will get better as times goes on I am sure. Thank you all for your love and support. Please continue to pray as she starts her first round of chemo tomorrow. I plan on heading there first thing in the morning to see her. We will update as soon as we know more.

1 comment:

  1. If you need me to do a bone marrow test I will be happy to. Not sure if a marrow transplant is an option but I want you know I am here for anything! Love yall!

    ReplyDelete