Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Mom had a great night considering all she went through on Tuesday. She started running a fever in the middle of the night and they gave her several rounds of anitbiotics and also did a blood culture. The nurse said this was normal for her to run a feve with the intense chemo she recieved that day. By the morning her fever had broke. This morning mom also received two untis of blood. She was still having a really bad heahache this morning and her neck was her pretty bad from the spinal tap. The nurse gave her Oxycodone for the pain and added Compaziene for the nausea. This seemd to work pretty well for mom. I left at 11:30 this morning and when I left her she was resting well. She was able to eat several grapes and some saltine crackers. I have talked with Dad and Deana several times today. Dad told me that the rest of moms day has gone pretty well. She is not in any pain and her nausea is much better. Praise the Lord!! We are hoping for the next couple of days to be some what normal for mom before she starts her next round of chemo. She started talking about food again which is MAJOR because just talking about it has made her sick.

Today she also started the Neupogen, which is the brand name for Filgrastim. It is a man-made form of a protein that stimulates the growth of white blood cells in her body. She will get one shot in her stomach once a day (we believe).

I am trying so hard to remember all the thoughts and happenings of the day. To be honest the days seem like weeks. So much happens in one day. I never thought the human body could handle so much. Praise God mom is a tough woman. She is so strong. She kept saying to me this morning (when her head was hurting) "this to shall pass." She use to say this to me when I was so sick with the pregnancies. I never thought I would be saying it to her though. The PA came in this morning, I belive her name is Mariam, and told me, "don't you worry about your mom, she is going to be just fine." I walked out in the hall with her and explained mine and moms close relationship. I said, "She is my best friend" and she explained to me that they are on top of EVERYTHING that is going on with her and that mom is going to get through this and come out better. After our little chat I felt better and my spirits were lifted. The doctors here are amazing and not one thing goes unnoticed. I am so thankful mom came to Emory and that God of course led the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment