Sunday, March 22, 2009

Today was the worst day yet but we still know God is in control and watching over mom. Last night she was given Adivan which helped her sleep well and also helped with the nausea and headache. This morning she was really swollen and retaining a good bit of fluid. They started Lasix today which seemed to help with the fluid. After the doc ordered to up the Lasix we saw an immediate increase in output. The doc wants mom to try to move around to help break up the fluid. She took one lap around the floor and when she got back to the room she was very sick. This was the first time she has been sick. In about twenty minutes she was feeling great again. That's the strange thing about Chemo and its side effects. They seem to change every twenty minutes or so. They gave her another dose of Adivan this afternoon because she was so nauseated and it knocked her out. She slept well for several hours. Alicia is staying with her tonight. She text me earlier and said that mom did not eat her dinner. The nurse said this is normal especially in the beginning. The smell alone almost made her sick. They started the night Chemo at nine and it will go for three hours. We will should be getting the results back tomorrow from the Bone Marrow Biopsy. This will give us some valuable information. As soon as we hear we will update.

We are taking it day by day...every minute is different but mom is so strong. I stare at her laying in that bed and wish I could take the pain for her. It kills all of us to see her so sick. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever been through... I never would have thought that this would happen so early for my mom. For several weeks now I have kept asking "why." Why my mom. Any of you who know her knows what a selfless woman she is, always taking care of others and putting everyone before herself. It just does not seem fair. I envision myself stomping up and down like a child screaming "its not fair!!!" And just like a child not getting their way neither do I. I am learning to "let go and let God" but sometimes its so hard. Mom taught me so well to be in control of my surroundings and have things organized and well planned. This time we are all being thrown for a loop. Please continue to keep mom and dad in your prayers. Thank you all so much for your support.

5 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you natalie. We love you and we're praying for your mom ... for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie

    I found your moms blog on the LLS board and just wanted to write and send you all a really big cyberhug. My son has leukemia and is doing very well. Your mom sounds like a beautiful person on the inside and her photos tell me that she is beautiful on the outside too.

    What a road you are all traveling - sometimes it's harder to be the one watching someone you love go through this all. I have a theory - its a strong person that can allow themself to rant and rave, cry and ask that 'why'...... it takes strength to get up again after letting go for a bit. You know you have that strength to get up again - so allow a little 'let go' occasionally. It really does help too.

    I will be sending so many wishes, hopes, thoughts and prayers to you all.

    love and light
    Annie
    Steven's mom
    http://livingwithcml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have knowm Charmaine for a long time.I will never forget the first day working for her(I was so scared) and she just took me under her wing-like she does for many others.If you didnt have a home she gave you one,if you need a friend she is there,and if you didnt have a mother she would be one for you.She will do anything for anyone, and I bet right now she is worring about her family & friends and not herself. I have always thought what a strong woman she is and her faith is unbelievable that is why she will overcome the months ahead. I have asked myself why??does this have to happen to someone that does so much and puts everything else in front of her own self, but know one owes us an explanation and then i remind myself that everything does happen for a reason & we may never know what that reason is, but we do know GOD is in control...We will continue to pray for Charmaine and her wonderful family. Nat thank you so much for keeping everyone informed and if you or anyone needs anything please let me know even if you need someone to talk to or just listen I am here for you... LOVE,PRAYER,&THOUGHTS
    "LET GO LET GOD" Jenn Delgado & Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. When can I sign up to go stay with Charmaine? I know you guys have it handled and are the Superfamily with organized rotation but I would love to go stay with her and give you guys a night at home with your families. Please let me know. Charmaine is my mom too and yall are my family so let me know when my turn is! LOVE you !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie and family,
    You really do not know me, I am Sherry's daughter - friends with Deanna. We are keeping your mom in our prayers. I know how hard this is on you, having just been through this with out dad. Please do not hesitate to e-mail me if you need to talk to someone who has been through this. Prayer is an amazing source of strength and God only gives us what we can handle, even though it seems like you can't now, know you are becomming stronger each day.

    ReplyDelete