Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday June 7th..............AT HOME AGAIN

This morning promptly at 8am, the PA, Jessica came in to do her final spinal tap with chemo. All went very well. No pain and no side effects. She had Adivan in the iv port before it this time and it works very fast that way. She slept for about 3 hrs after it was over. The longer she lays flat the less the chance for a headache from it.

We were released and home by lunch. This afternoon she napped most of the time from the meds. She is now alert and starting to recover. Has snacked on the chicken and dumplings and strawberry cake Alecia brought for her. Thank You Alecia.

So very glad to have her home with me again. My heart is starting to rise back to my chest again. When shes gone it feels like it is my stomach. I miss her so very bad. One of the side effects of this chemo round is the voice. She sounds like a little girl talking. It almost makes me cry to her her tender little voice. She is always so very grateful for every thing I do for her. She will never know what a privilege it is for me to help her through this.

We go back Wednesday to the clinic for tests, then back Friday probably for 5 to 6 days in hospital for recovery time.

Still rejoicing about the PCR test results coming back negative.

More later...................

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Sam & Charmiane,

    We are so excited for you. God is so good!!!
    We will continue to pray for healing and for strength to fight the battle. We will also pray for God to work out all the details for the bone marrow donor and the procedure. We're sure He will in His time!! Looking forward to hearing more good news. Love you guys!!!

    Greg & Karen Richardson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please let me know where or what I can do to see if I am a good match. I know that they say a young male is the best donor but I like to think I am just as strong/healthy as those boys!!!

    ReplyDelete