Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday June 21st........Coming Home

During the month of May Charmaine was at Emory Hospital 15 days. So far in June she has been there 17 days. Some how her spirit has remained pretty good. The food there is good but eating the same food everyday starts to get old.

This stay from Wednesday night at the ER to now was unscheduled due to her fever going over 101.5. This morning, providing no temperature spike, she will come home. We will go back to the clinic Tuesday for a lab check then back Friday for another. I am hoping they will let her stay home until next Monday or Tuesday before starting round #5 of chemo and let her rest some. We may have to check back in Friday.

Unless another surprise happens, she should feel quite well this time at home. Her white count was up to 1300 yesterday which means her immune system is not as compromised as it is with low counts. As I have said before, a healthy persons white count is usually 6000 to 10,000. These are the cells in the blood that fight off infections. She did have to have 2 units of blood yesterday as her red count was down.

During her last stay she got 5 transfusions of platelets and 2 units of blood.

It's 6:30 am now. I'm about to leave to go to her. She has stayed by herself the last two nights. I know it's lonely there by herself.

Will keep you all posted on any new developments.

Sam

Update...Charmaine was home today by lunchtime and had a good day visiting with family. She and Dad were exhausted by tonight, and went to bed early. I would like to send a special thank you to her prayer warriors...you know who you are!! :) We are so blessed to have friends like you.

Stefanie

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let Charmaine, and all of you, we're still praying! so glad you're home! we made the trip to GA and I was carrying the end of bronchitis with me so i didn't want to put you in any danger of that nasty stuff! I will try and make another trip down there so I can see you! I was very sad I couldn't go to Douglasville to see you Love you and lots of {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete