Friday, April 3, 2009

DAY 15

Charmaine has decided to go ahead and have her hair cut off. Stefanie is coming to hospital this morning to do it.

This is a much more emotional time than I expected it to be for her but I am neither a woman or a hairdresser.

Natalie is bring all 3 kids over to see her this afternoon. We'll go down in the main lobby of the hospital for this visit. That will lift her spirits.

Still feeling good. White blood count down to near zero. Will get blood transfusion probably tommorrow. That's what should be happening right now.

Please pray that GOD will give her a sense of peace about the hair loss.

Will upday later today if any new news. Still planning to come home next week.

Sam

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charmaine,
    Heavenly Father, I pray for peace that passes all understanding for Charmaine and the things she is dealing with right now. I pray that you instill deep within her spirit how we all see her and especially how you see her. Please take away any uncomfortableness with the loss of her hair and let her know that we're so enamored with her beauty as your faithful servant that it wouldn't even make us blink! Wrap her in the warmth, security and peace of your loving arms and hold her tight! In Jesus' Name. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmaine, I have never been a "hair" person, as in I am not a hairdresser, and as in I have not ever given much thought to my hair (just ask Becky, she'll tell you) but I have had times when traveling around the country like I do that I have gotten haircuts that made me cringe (and really miss and appreciate my Becky).

    Those times made me very aware that even though I say I don't care about my hair, that I really DO care. I can understand completely how the loss of your hair can make you feel sad and uncomfortable. But remember, YOU are not just your hair--it is only a part of you, and it will come back.

    I'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers today, and every day.

    here is something to read that may make you laugh: http://tinyurl.com/coa595

    Karen Stroud Eidson

    ReplyDelete