Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday May 17th

Today was a very difficult day for Charmaine.

The chemo regiments rotate from A to B. She will have 4 of each totalling 8.

This was the 2nd of the A regiment. We had forgotten how tough the A regiment was on her. The first one of these she had, she was at Emory for 18 days straight.

Today she has been so very weak and so nauseated that she could hardly move.

As I have said before, when she is at Emory I miss her so very bad. When she is home I worry.

Most of the time today she was in somewhat of a dazed stupor with times of nausea. She gets scared when this happens. Wondering if she will make it through this all.

Stefanie came over this afternoon and sit with her for a while. She soothes her spirit and makes her peaceful.

Tomorrow will be a better day for her I pray.

Days like today are tough for all of us.

I promise you all that are faithful to read this blog about her that I will keep you posted on the truth with all that is going on with her. I owe that to you if you are so faithful to check on her each day. God already knows anyway.

The meds she takes every day are nearly overwhelming to keep up with because they change so often. I have a detailed list with the times and meds posted to go by. I'm afraid if something happened to me no one would know, so I have it marked so a stranger could come in and give the to her without error.

We are .3750% of the way to finish the chemo. Trust me, at this stage even the decimals matter. The next round will be over the half way point.

Tomorrow at home, God willing, then to the clinic on Tue am.

Now she sleeps soundly for a while.

Tomorrow will be a better day,

Please pray that she will find peace in all this.

Sam

3 comments:

  1. Praying tomorrow is a bettter day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let her know we love her and that her Savior loves her. Thank God for you Sam- what a wonderful example of Christ you are- love you both-Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pray you know you & your family are in our thoughts and prayers. We use some of the words of the song by Christy Lane in our prayer, "One Day at a Time (Sweet Jesus)"....."Just give me the strength to do everyday what I have to do. Lord help me today, show me the way, ONE DAY AT A TIME.. Sweet Jesus." We remember all too well the journey you & your family are on. Please know how much we love you all. Donna & Dick

    ReplyDelete