Monday, September 6, 2010

Update September 6, 2010

Wow can you believe it has been a year since transplant? I looked back on my blog entries today and we've come along way. Only through your prayers and us trusting the future to the Lord have I made it this far.

I am really doing good just a few minor issues going on but nothing I can't handle. I believe the IVIG infusions are beginning to give me more strength as well as steriods. Lets just continue to pray that the infusions will quickly do their job so I can go out in public a little more. I did take a field trip to Sam's on Friday and saw a friend Diane West. It's nice to see people you haven't seen in a long time. We go to church with the West family. Of course I went in the middle of the day when no one was there.

I've become a little OCD since I have to stay in so much. I not only have canned every tomatoe that I could get out of the garden, and frozen every pod of okra, I get up at 3-4 oclock some mornings(steriods) and count them and give the kids and Alicia a state of the union address on the garden. My address is alot more interesting than the Presidents.

I hope everyone is looking forward to fall as I am. I love this nip in the air. I can actually go out in am and pm to look over the garden. Sam is so good to me he takes wonderful care, to make sure I have everything I need and want. He's very protective of me not to let the sun get on me. This sets off GVHD immediately.

I will post just once a month now unless something new is going on.

Hope you have a great labor day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmaine

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing to think how drastically things have changed in just a year! I'm sure there have been many difficult days along the way but God has brought you so far. I'm praising Him right along with you, for all He has done and trusting that each need will be met in the months to come as you continue to grow stronger.

    Sending lots of love!

    xoxoxo :)Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charmaine (& Sam)-

    I check your blog for updates each morning before I start work, and continuously lift all of you up in prayer. Now that you've mentioned doing monthly updates, I'll just bypass the blog and keep right on praying if you don't mind.

    Your faith is amazing as always, and we will always cherish the love you poured out on "us nice Yankees" while we lived and worshipped the Lord with you "down South" for eight or so years.

    Just wanted you to know that you are constantly on our minds up here in Michigan and your updates give us encouragement that God does hear and answer Yankee prayers as well.

    I don't know when we'll be venturing South again any time soon, but when we do get down there I hope your immunity is strong enough for having visitors. Kendra and I desperately want to "hug y'all's necks".

    May God continue to bless you and strengthen you with each new day.

    All our love -
    Jeff (Vince), Kendra and Kids

    ReplyDelete