Friday, August 20, 2010

August 20, 2010 Friday

A quick update on my progress. Since last post I've had many fevers, lowgrade thank God. So we know there is a little infection somewhere. My immune system isn't strong enough to fight them off, so once a week for the next 6 weeks I will have IVIG infusions at Emory Clinic. After these hopefully it will be back to just once a month.

These infusions don't hurt, it just takes all day to do them. And the headache that comes after is the problem for couple of days.

Deana took me today and Stefanie took me last time. It's so boring for them I know, but they never complain.

I can't really go anywhere much for fear of catching a bug, but I really enjoy being home and seeing kids and grandkids all the time. Wow how they bless me and make my day.

Sam and Anthony planted a wonderful garden this year and even though I couldn't get in it I have been able to freeze and can veggies. Reminds me of a child when we would go to the cannery at the Dallas High School with my mother and grandmother. That was so much fun, so I have reflected alot this summer.

I would like to request prayer for two ladies who are fighting this disease also. But are having a difficult time, Tami Payne and Stephanie Rakestraw. You can find them on the caring bridge website.

Thanks again for all your prayers, cards and kind deeds.

Charmaine

No comments:

Post a Comment