Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday November 18th...Back to Emory

We were to go to the clinic Friday but the Dr. had us come in today because of the rash on her mouth and chin. He changed her meds around and eliminated 2 of them and took her off Sprycell (the chemo pill) for a few days to see if the nausea and throwing up are drug side effects or graft verses host disease setting in. We are just sure it is the drugs. If it keeps on after altering the drugs, she will go back on steroids to circumvent the GVHD.


We are to call late tomorrow and tell them how she feels. If still sick we go back Friday.

Good news is that the first of next week she has her 3 pic lines removed from her chest. No more flushing everyday with heparin and changing the dressing once a week. Finally she'll be able to take a shower without a plastic bag tapped to her chest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post you on her tomorrow. She had a very good day today with no throwing up. Just mild nausea, not a lot of fatigue. We were at Emory most of the day.

Please pray for her dear friend Alecia Griffith. She is at Douglas General being checked for chest pains. They are keeping her overnight doing testing to find the problem.

Thank You for caring enought to continue to read her blog.


Sam

1 comment:

  1. I've been following CC's journey and I'm happy she is doing so well.

    I was switched to Sprycel in October after a severe liver reaction to Gleevec after 8 months.

    My first night I had heavy trembling and vomiting. No vomiting after the first night but I had lighter trembling about 6 hours after I took the drug for a week or two. Then my face felt like it was windburned for a couple of weeks and then just my lips and chin - no visible rash but that is a common side effect of Sprycel. Another common side effect is nasal and ear congestion. Strange drug! Five weeks later and I feel pretty good.

    Hang in there CC! Hope it gets better for you.

    ReplyDelete