Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday november 12th......POST TRANSPLANT SURFACES

Everything we read about post transplant always mentioned severe fatigue. Until last Friday we thought Charmaine was going to be an exception. The Dr. told us Friday that when she came off the steroids she would be begging for them back. He is very near right.



This week she has been very tired most all day sleeping near 1/2 of the day. Because of the Sprycell she has started she has had nausea, headaches, and some mild diarrhea. The way she feels now is very comparable to the weeks after the chemo treatment.



These will take some time to go away. The fatigue could last 6 months to 1 year.


Also, she is loosing all of her finger nails and toe nails due to the powerful chemo and radiation she had before the transplant. This is a normal side effect.

We are still very grateful that she is home and on the road to recovery.

Count your blessings each day. Tomorrow all could change.

Sam

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sam & Charmaine: I am sorry that you are feeling so fatigued :( I do think of you both often & pray for you & the family as well. Charmaine, when I stayed on my prednisone for 3 months, I had no idea what it would be like to come off of it. WOW, what a difference it makes. My skin and nails did thin some. I wanted you to know that I take over the counter Biotin and it seems to help. I get it at Wally World. I ask the doctor and that is what they told me to take. I am sooo sorry you are having some trouble. I know you have really had to go through alot and back and forth with feeling good, bad, tired, etc....Just know that I love you my sister in christ & that I will be praying for you regularly. Love & Prayers to you and Sam Tricia Maurer

    ReplyDelete