Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday October 17th

Well guys this post has been long time coming. IT'S ME CHARMAINE. I MADE IT TO THE OTHER SIDE OF TRANSPLANT AND I PRAISE THE LORD. I wanted to post myself before now but just didn't have the brain power. I think I'm clear minded enough now.

I want to thank so many PRAYER WARRIORS for following the blog and lifting me up to OUR LORD AND SAVIOR during these last 8 months. There were times when I was so sick I couldn't even pray, just the name of Jesus would come out of my mouth. But I knew he knew what I needed and also the HOLY SPIRIT reminded me of all my family and friends who had my back in prayer. SO AGAIN THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then we come to the cleaning and dusting of my house several times by family and church members. THANK YOU. And what about all the food so many of you brought and gift certificates to Red Lobster. How sweet was all this!!!!!!

Cards and letters to lift our spirits and words from your heart to mine that I will never forget.
God bless you for taking your time to do so. Your cards would come just at a moment I needed to read what was in the card. That's God's timing not ours.

I was able to share my testimony so many times at the hospital with the nurses and other patients. That is what this journey was all about. I know it isn't over yet and I have a long way to go but I've got the fight left in me to finish it.

And what about my husband and children!!!!!!!!!! Wow talking about a family pulling a load. They jumped in head first and got organized with a schedule to help me. We had lots of funny moments at the hospital, Stefanie might disagree with that. I think she caught the worst of everything. If I acted crazy it was always with her, seeing things that weren't there, and going places I didn't go, oh yes I put her through it. She would just laugh it off and keep going for another 24 hours without sleep. Natalie would stay on Tuesday and Friday night and most of the time seems like I would act pretty good. God knew she needed a good night sleep with the 3 kids she has someone might just be up at any time. We had a chance to spend some quality time together though and for that i'm thankful. Deana stayed some with me also but most of the time anyone who knows Deana knows she was shuffling kids for Natalie and Stefanie. What a blessing from God she is and has been to me since the day she was born. Then we have KC, guys can't stay at the hospital much but he did visit, but mothers and their sons have a special bond, he could not stand to see me in pain or sick. But let me tell about KC, not a day went by that he wasn't praying and crying out to God to make his mama well. Many messages came from him saying, Mom I have been on my knees on my back porch asking God to take it from you and give it me. Wow that's powerful.

And Sam I couldn't imagine going through this without him. He was doing whatever it took to make me feel safe and secure. The stress this put on him has broken my heart. But hopefully we are getting back to normal. I love him more than life and appreciate him more than ever. You really begin to see how important family is when your faced with what our family was faced with.

I am doing great, my first 100 days will be up in Dec and I will get a little more freedom. I feel so good that I forget I'm sick. Sam quickly reminds I can't be around crowds and gets me in check.
The flu season is here and my Dr. worries for me. So I must be very careful.

I will post again and I love all you guys!!! Charmaine

2 comments:

  1. Charmaine, you have such a wonderful, loving family, who came together and stood up to the task! that is truly wonderful. And I can tell you from experience, you really do find out who your friends are at times like this. We know who ours are, and are thankful to God for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat it is to hear from you Charmaine! God has given you such strength and provision and to Him we are all so grateful. My faith had been increased just watching how God has worked through you and your family throughout this ordeal. It has been my honor to pray for your healing, and to witness the miracle as it has unfolded. His power is so mighty, and although we all knew that beforehand it is a different thing to experience it and to see it at work.

    Your testimony is powerful and I am confident it will continue to touch hearts and minds for many years to come. May the story of your healing cause many to turn to Christ and may He be glorified in a mighty way each time you tell it!

    Our family continues to praise the Lord for all He has done in you, and we continue to pray for complete restoration of your body.

    xoxoxo
    Kristi Wren

    ReplyDelete