Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday August 24th.......Last Full Day at Home

Today is Charmaine's last full day at home before going in for the transplant.

She has been feeling fantastic. Normal in every way except for sleeping till 10 or so everyday. Her hair is even starting to sprout back.

We have been counting down the days with much anticipation and dread. For at least a month this will be very difficult on her depending on the severity of the ulcers she gets in the mouth from radiation and the degree of graft verses host disease which can cause an array of issues.

Last Friday night at 9pm, somewhere between 60 to 75 of our friends came over with candles in our yard and serenaded her with praise songs. Some drove long distances to come and do this. We will be forever grateful to all of you for caring so much and giving her your Friday evening.

Thank You all for all you have done for us with cards, calls, visits, food, cleaning our house, praying for her, reading the blog, and many other things. We have been overwhelmed by what you have done for us.

Tomorrow at lunch we have to go to Emory to have a third pic line installed in her chest. She has had two for three months but must have three for the transplant. They look like small lines coming out of her chest with an iv receptacle on the end.

Wednesday we will be there at 6am for the 1st round of radiation. She will be there at least 3 weeks to a month.

I will pick back up on daily updates for you on this post.

Please pray for her. Especially that her body will not reject the transpalnt.

Thanks again to all of for caring so very much.

Sam

5 comments:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you, Charmaine, Sam and your entire family as you face another step in your "Miraculous Journey." We are so very honored to be an extended part of your family. We know GOD is the Great Physician allowing the wondering doctors at Emory to carry out his mighty deeds.
    Connie & Casey will keep us posted. Our love and prayers, Donna & Dick

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be WONDERFUL......not wondering doctors; sorry! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My entire family is praying continuously for you all. We Love you and will pray specifically for GVHD and strength for you both. Your strength is so inspiring. I always say it, but it is amazing. I will do anything I can to help you guys out, especially Nat. Love you! Chelley and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying, Praying, Praying, Praying!!!!! I am already thanking God for what He is going to do, and I can't wait to watch this miracle unfold.

    xoxoxoxo,
    James and Kristi Wren

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so wonderful to see you Charmaine and all the family and friends together Friday. Keep your spirits high!!!!! This journey must go on, I am constantly praying that your body will accept the new stem cells and that you will not have any serious effects from this. I have also prayed for the donor. He will be so rewarded for this wonderful thing he is doing.
    Like you said " this will not be the last time you see us" don't let yourself be scared you know GOD is in contol. I want you to know I love you just like you were my mother. You have taught me so much and helped me be the person I am today I could never thank you enough!!!
    I will continue to read everyday and pray for you and all of your family.
    Please know I will do anything you need!
    If you find yourself getting down remember Friday night!
    I love you all

    Jennifer D

    ReplyDelete