Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday August 10th

Yesterday Charmaine celebrated her 55th birthday here at home and had a wonderful day. All 4 of our kids were here and almost all the grandchildren. We made 3 freezers of ice cream and had 2 small pools full for the little ones. Her energy level was good all day. It was also the 33rd anniversary of us being together. Our 1st date was on August 9, 1976 and have never been apart since.

We go to Emory Thursday for a seminar on the transplant process then go back Friday for normal lab check and Dr visit.

I can't tell you how good it is to have her home and feeling near normal just for a while.

Thank You all for all the kind things you have done for us. Thanks to many of you for remembering her birthday.

In closing, I wanted to share something I saw at Emory last week. A lady was approaching me in the hall and I noticed her tee shirt said on the front "A BLOOD DONOR SAVED MY LIFE". I thought she was probably a transplant survivor till she passed me. As I looked,the back of the shirt said "HIS NAME WAS JESUS".
I thought that was so powerful to be wearing around the hospital.

I can't imagine anyone going through the experience we are having without the faith that God is always in control no matter what. We believe the tee shirt is true.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment